Monday 10 August 2015

A Wonderful, Busy Few Months!

These last couple of months have been very busy! Between work, coursework and housework we have had lots of guests and have done lots of visiting people. Dene and I savour our brief time on the sofa together relaxing as it has been rare of late. We are looking forward to our completely free weekend in a couple of weeks, we plan to do nothing but potter around the house together! But we're not complaining, we do love to be busy really and we LOVE spending time with our friends and family. We have had so much fun with so many people through July and the beginning of August. 


So, all of this, is what we have been up to through the last month!

On Saturday we had a lovely day out with Dene's parents, grandparents and brothers and sisters in Cambridge. We went around lots of lovely shops and had a picnic near the river, it was hot and sunny and very very busy! We had a wonderful day.

Yesterday we went to Houghton Mill with our friends from over the road, it was lovely!


We went rowing on the river.






This is the spot where we sat for our little BBQ picnic! It was so beautiful and silent. We watched the boats go by and waved.







Before we left for the river we had a special Sunday breakfast! Pancakes with home made berry compote and natural yoghurt.


This weekend I also spent hours learning how to make a granny square and I finally did it! I'm addicted now, I can't stop making them... I'm thinking I might make a cushion case or blanket out of them.


This is my spot where I sit and crochet, it's lovely because I have a nice view of the trees blowing in the wind out of our front window.


In July we also had a trip out to Suffolk. We explored all of the national trust places in the area. This was at the Guildhall in Lavenham. We would love to live in a village like Lavenham. It was beautiful and so traditional. 





We also visited Beatrix Potter's cousin's home. I stood and looked at all of her original drawings for ages. The detailing is so perfect.



We visited Ickworth also. This was the Butler's sitting room. So lovely.



One day we would love a kitchen with all of this is the corner!


The view of Ickworth from the front. It was rainy but we still enjoyed exploring our beautiful country and it's history.


I was also blessed in July with these lovely flowers from one of the Parents from the Nursery School where I work. They were as a thank you for looking after her little girl. It felt so lovely to be thanked and thought of.


We also went for a Picnic at Wimpole in the Sun. We always love a trip to Wimpole, it's just down the road from us so we are often there on a sunny day.



Dene has been busy making some Sweetcorn Relish. We love it, it goes very quickly in this house.


My parent's and one of my sisters came to visit us


...And we went for lots of dog walks!



I also bought myself some lovely books from our local second hand bookshop.


We found a cow having a dip in the water on a hot day!


We celebrated the re-opening of 'The Folley' at Wimpole with a picnic.


And, we travelled to Dorset to visit my Sister and her lovely little family. This is one of my nieces Neava. (I wanted to take her home with us!)



Through July we also had lots of relaxed weekend lunches in our garden. We love to do this on a sunny day. Dene creates beautiful home made food for us.






After that very long post, I think that is almost everything! (Well, all of the interesting bits). We have had a lovely summer so far. Now that it's nearly over we're doing all that we can to make the most of it. We have had a lovely time visiting family and having guests - and lots more to come!! 

Thank you for reading!

Best Wishes,

Eleanor
x

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see a cushion cover Ellie, your squares are great.
    All your photo's are lovely too & seeing some of the dishes you make.
    Enjoy your weekend off together.
    Fondly Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are doing a great job there Eleanor. Yourself and Dene are creating a great life together.

    ReplyDelete